FAQs Questions and Answers
1. Q. I am a visually impaired person, what are the eligibility requirements?
A. The lighthouse serves persons of all ages with significant visual impairment that effects daily functioning. Call for program specific eligibility criteria. Persons do not have to be totally blind to receive services from the Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches.
2. Q. How does a visually impaired/blind person register for services from the Lighthouse?
A. Individuals and family members may call the Lighthouse directly. Doctors or social services agencies may also make a referral. Please refer to our Physician Referrals section for additional information and forms.
3. Q. What are the fees for the Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches?
A. With the exception of low vision services, there are no fees for the Lighthouse rehabilitation services.
4. Q. What type of Aids are available through the Aids & Appliances Store?
A. Our Aids & Appliances Store features a wide variety of household aids and devices which can make tasks of daily living much easier to handle for those who are blind or visually impaired.
5. Q. Are you affiliated with other agencies or Lighthouse’s for the Blind?
A. No. the Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches is an autonomous, private nonprofit agency. The word “Lighthouse” is used by many organizations as it is synonymous with services for persons who are blind or visually impaired.
6. Q. How do I make a donation to the Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches?
A. Go to the following link for our Donation Form. You contact the Lighthouse at (561) 586-5600 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.